Four Hills Country Club
ALBUQUERQUE, NEW MEXICO
Four Hills Country Club was built in 1959 in the foothills of the Sandia Mountains on the east side of Albuquerque, NM. The private club features golf, tennis, swimming, and dining. The 18-hole course is irrigated utilizing a combination of ground water and city water that is stored in a 1.4 surface acre lake. The storage lake and associated irrigation pump station was built in the 1960’s and was in need of updating.
ACI was brought in to design and renovate the lake and install a new irrigation pump system. The lake was dredged, enlarged, and lined to increase the storage capacity; shorelines and the dam were re-sloped and armored with rip-rap, and a new spillway was constructed. A new main irrigation pump and pumphouse were installed adjacent to the lake and a new booster station and pumphouse were installed on the upper portion of the course to ensure adequate irrigation pressure throughout the course.